pearl

JP had a job interview today....

A FTC post came up open only to the apprentices, so he went for it. I didnt tell you in advance cos I couldnt have stood the suspense on here! :lol:

He didn't get it, there were second year apprentices applying with more experience than him, but hey this is quite positive really for several reasons:

1. He was the only first year apprentice to have a go

2. It was good practice for the next one that comes up

3. He wasn't devastated he didnt get it, cos they gave him good feedback straight away, & made it quite clear it was simply a matter of the other person having more experience

4. He took it in his stride, didnt take it personally & hasnt had an extreme reaction as he would have done a while back

Its all been kind of normal - some you win, some you lose. I'm not quite sure what I'm saying here, but that felt good - an appropriate reaction. Not the usual rollercoaster we have come to expect.

It would have been nice if he'd got it though - his dream job in Health & Safety, organising smoking cessation sessions & checking accident reports! :notworthy::D

Well done to JP for going for it and just getting through it, :thumbs: hope he takes something from the experience for next time.

He's doing great - you must be really proud. :)

K x

Thanks Kathryn. Would have been a bonus if he'd got it, but he's no worse off than he was before, & he understands that - thats what pleases us really.

Would have been a bonus if he'd got it, but he's no worse off than he was before, & he understands that - thats what pleases us really.

Well done to him for getting the interview, and good luck for any he has in future. :thumbs:

I have one myself on Thursday.

Best wishes, Alan