Mumble

Meltdown Info?

I've been trying to find some simple info on meltdowns for my hall managers - they supported me pretty well, but were unsure what was best, and I thought having some general guide might help - not forgetting of course that everyone is an individual and all meltdowns are individual - something basic on what a meltdown is and how to help. :unsure:

I've found a few very brief things on meltdown in young children which wouldn't be suitable here particularly as they very much involve using a parent/child relationship. Has anyone come across anything that is easy to understand (but not over simplistic), and more geared towards adults (or older, stronger, children/teenagers)? I found a book on 'difficult moments' that looks possibly useful, but I was really wanting something much shorter.

And, thoughts on this which I found whilst trawling the Internet:

"They [meltdowns] can be as infrequent as once a month (often coinciding with the lunar cycle/full moon)."

Anyone heard about this link before? Thoughts? My immediate response was to think ###### and go to another web-page, but I actually came back to it because there seems to be a relationship between my meltdown behaviours and 'women's stuff' - I assumed this was just some hormonal effect, but that's supposed to be related to the lunar cycle, isn't it? :unsure::wacko:

Absolutely. I've believed for a long time that the full moon has an effect on all sorts of peeps but hesitated to post that for fear of being thought a bit hippy dippy.

My friend with the HFA son reckons he is definitely affected, & mr p has noticed that behaviour worsens in the jobcentre at that time too!

I've no useful info on adult meltdowns though, I'll have a shufty & see what I can find.

Statistically, there are more arrests around the full moon, and more admissions to psych wards. My cat's behaviour is significantly worse for 2-3 days around the full moon and she has more epileptic seizures. The cycles of the moon is a common topic of conversation on the animal behaviour forum I visit.

It might be worth keeping a record of your meltdowns and you can compare them to the cycles of the moon and your monthly cycle, and then see if there is any pattern.

The contraceptive pill can help if it turns out to be a hormonal issue.

:lol: :lol: Have you been web-stalking me??!! :lol: You found all the same things I found - I couldn't listen to all of the you tube woman - something about her voice really grinded with me - ouch. Maybe it'll have to be the book then - I was hoping to find some one page 'what it is' and 'what to do' guide. Oh well. Incidentally, we know that various triggers cause meltdown (and often a whole lot with a straw that broke the camel's back effect) but what actually causes meltdown within the body - what are the physical changes that take place? :unsure: Couldn't find anything on that either.

Has there been any research into levels of adrenaline in the blood, and whether there is an endorphine rush afterwards?

Talking off the top of my head, but that's what I've wondered with B.

And I'm another believer in the effects of the moon on certain behaviours and emotions.

but then, I'm hippy dippy and proud!

Try googling "cheesecloth" and "tie-dye" too :D

Oh, that's OK, I know what tie-dye is - it's when you spill your lunch down your school tie and it stains ... :unsure:

Cheesecloth, hmm, :unsure: Is that the cheap version of a cheeseboard, or maybe a cheeseboard gone soggy?

All us hippy dippys had blouses made out of cheesecloth in the 70's - fetchingly transparent. Wouldnt wear it now I'd frighten the horses! :lol:

Anyhoo back on topic ... :whistle: I've been googling & cant find anything that isnt completely bonkers. Sorry.

Guest Lya of the Nox

we had major probs with mogs

major pmt and some

since medication she is a different person

but i had evil pmt when i had it

cheesecloth: i here i here, another hippy here

:rolleyes: