Sign in to follow this  
bjkmummy

going to a meeting when you havent seen the reports yet

i have a meeting at joes intended primary school tomorrow afternoon to discuss joes transition into primary school in september.

joe has no formal dx but has a lot of issues!! He was seen by the ed psych at home a few weeks ago and last monday he went to see joe in his nursery setting with the area senco. i did speak to the area senco to see when i would recieve the reports as i wanted to see them prior to the meeting to igest anything they said - had my fingers burnt in the past when i went to a meeting and all reports handed to me then and i just wasnt prepared to fight joes corner

ive had the area senco report plus salt report but nothing from ed psych. next week we are due to see the paed and hes waiting to see what the ed psych feels about joe. the senco and salt reports are psitive but do conclude that joe has very little social interaction with other children and is a loner but loves adults.

I hate going to meetings not being fully prepared especially as this is going to sort out joes future in a mainstream setting. the nursery have been useless and say no problem with joe but i have witnessed so much with my own eyes which they just ignore!

how would other people handle this tomorrow?

Sorry just seen your post.

How did your meeting go?

i have a meeting on monday about my wee boy and I haven't seen the reports either. Must speak to school about this tomorrow.

Forbsay

hi, ed psych didnt attend meeting cos hes on holiday - area senco really apologetic re no report yet from him and she has chased him up - we need his report before we see the paed on monday

the meeting with joes new school went well - the school seenm ready for him so i was pleased with that.

however what im really ANGRY about is that when we saw paed last sept he wanted joe to have a multi disciplinary hearing to get joe dx but his special nursery head teacher and SALT over ruled this plus joe lost his special needs place. we now know that his place was l;ost due to cost cutting and i got an apology from the area senco as to how badly joe has been handled - it is now accepted that joe does need a multi disciplinary hearing and hopefully this is going to happen soon. the ed psych is alledgely happy for this to happen as is the paed - such as a shame that only our screaming and shouting has managed joe to now finally be getting hopefully the help he will need but sadly it wont happen in time for september