bluefish

Its been a year

Well its almost a year to the day since my world came crashing down and the hv came round to explain that nursery had concerns about ds. We were quicky referered to pead then to cdc. it all seemed to happen so fast. I went from knowing nothing ( looking back I dont know how I didnt know! as all the signs were there!!!!!) to being told ds was on the autistic spectrum..by Dec last year we had a firm dx of hfa (poss as?)

What a year its been! I have found all the attention very intrusive and have often wanted to run for the hills! At first I was in total denial and kept looking at him thinking they must be wrong! Then guilt set in that I had not been the one to notice, quickly followed by heartbreak.If I am honest I have spent many a night sobbing! Sadly after first pead appointment ds's dad felt unable to cope with situation and cut contact with us both(we were seperated but he saw ds on a very regular basis)

However a year down the line things are good. tonight ds was in the bath talking in different accents and laughing his head off and I thought to myself how very lucky I am!

I still hate the fight with people saying stupid things like he will gow out of it and its just a phase!and I am nervous about school and how many hours statment he will get but felt the need to post as this time last year I was so sad and a year on its tough but ds is a delight and I am happy and proud of us both. :D

Bluefish,

What a lovely post, I am so pleased you are finding a peace within yourself, its no wonder you feel proud and happy, you doing a grand job and are a lovely Mum.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

What a lovely mum >:D<<'> , and a lovely post.It sounds like the last year has been a big roller coaster ..........hope the next year is more settled for you both, hugs suzex