Sign in to follow this  
Julieanne

respite care

I have a agency that looks after my son, a lady has him for 5 hours per week in school holidays.

however she took him to a ball pit, slide, indoor play centres and he ended up flooding the ladies 3 times...as he has a obsession with taps! :rolleyes:

she said that the boss of the centre came to her after he had done it 3times and how was she to know if the boss hadnt come to her before...my question was...why wasnt she in there with him, going down slides etc and watching him???? :o

my son is fast and you cant turn your back for a second...but when im out i do not take my eyes of him! he could have got out & ran into the road, he could have slipped and split his head open in the ladies by the flooding or another child could have done that and then i would be sued... :(

i was reassured that this wouldnt happen again so she came about 10 mins ago to take him out till 4pm, i was polite and she didnt look my hubby or i in the eye, and was rather rude i felt...im worrying now that this will affect the care she gives my son whilst out...am i worrying for no reason??? :unsure:

i felt i had to say something....did i do the right thing?

Edited by Julieanne

Its a nightmare isnt it? Its such a huge leap of faith to when you let someone take your precious child out without you. I think you were quite correct in telling her exactly what you thought. His safety should be her paramount concern. You are employing the agency and they should be sending experienced staff who understand autism.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Did you do the right thing??? Most certainly!!!! My DD once escaped in a matter of moments! ... Where was this woman if your DS went unaccompanied to the ladies? OK, give her one more chance but If you're still concerned you have a duty of care to your DS. We can all make mistakes but I don't care for the attitude( towards you or the manager) :shame: