pearl

Adults with autism

Thought this might be of interest. I've been on this chaps mailing list for the last few months, unfortunately JP cant go to this one as we are on holiday but he's going to let me know the next set of dates. I dont know if its any good or not till JP has experienced it! Mods, if this is agin the rules, please delete! I think its ok as its free? :unsure:

Adults with Autism

Manchester Business School

Free Advanced Interpersonal Skills workshop. Initial meeting ? all day on June 27 in Manchester.

Run by Colin Ingleton, Chartered Psychologist and Research Fellow at the

University of Manchester.

Colin promises you access to the skills of Interpersonal Communication that have been offered to Executive MBA students for the past 18 years at MBS.

Colin offers skill training that allows you to take control of your communication needs. He has adapted the work of Thomas Schelling, who gained a Nobel Prize for this approach in 2005. Colin has taught Schelling?s work to hundreds of MBA students since 1989.

You are invited to spend a total of three days to complete this workshop at the prestigious Manchester Business School. The University of Manchester waives tuition charges for you. However we cannot refund travel and accommodation costs. These are for one overnight stay and two visits to MBS.

Reactions from autistic attendees to workshops this year:

?Wonderful? - comment by a high level AS person employed in one of the world?s largest Banking firms.

?The theory is good and makes sense. It helps autistic people to communicate effectively by being themselves. It is better than anything else I am aware of? ? from a leading academic with AS who attended the workshop.

Reaction from a Government Psychologist who attended our workshop:

?I found the last workshop really interesting and it's got me thinking about a lot of different areas to do with communication.

The first day that you should attend MBS (10 am ? 5.pm) is 27 June 2008.

Your final two days will be arranged at that point. Please respond to:

colin.ingleton@mbs.ac.uk

He will send you registration details. Only a small number of places are available for this initial workshop ? later applicants will be informed of subsequent opportunities.

This workshop is approved by Research Autism, is evaluated by the University of Northumbria, and is funded by the Department of Work and Pensions. The content of the workshop has been approved by Academic Boards at Manchester and Edinburgh Universities.