Sign in to follow this  
freedom

date is set for appeal hearing

well finally got the date from SENDIST for the appeal now it is 21 october at 10 am exactly one year since emlyn has been to school.

just cost me 15.00 notes to send my case statement today but emlyn is worth it took me 3 days to get all the files sorted and make up the statement but finished now and ready for the case statement off the LA will get that after the 17th of july so not long to know what they are going to say

finally got an hour a day tutition at home for emlyn

also had an independant EP done yesturday and it comfirmed what i thought he is at the lowest end of MLD walking a very thin line going over to severe needs

so he has regressed back to the same levels he was in 2004 not good news but i already thort it was the case so not surprised at all

ombudsman has now said they are making a desgion about my complaint on the LA so will have that also soon but that is looking hopefull as another case exactly the same as mine was won by the parents a few months ago

lots happening not enough hours in the day

Hi Freedom

That's good news that things are moving forward.

What is your appeal for? I was at tribunal back in February for parts 2,3 and 4 of my son's statement. If there's anything you want to know or ask, then let me know.

Flora x

hi there it is for part 2, 3 and 4

one they have even written the facts about emlyn's conditions and problems in part two

two they have edited the objectives from the statement i came into county with and deleted out severe needs so it only says moderate now and the objectives dont meet his needs either there are no hours nothing and part 2 and 3 do not match up to the same child they have written about

3 the school they have named there is no way on this earth emlyn will go there as they left he for 3 days in a year 5 classroom with no support and he blew turned violent everything and that school are saying none of it happened

he was in a special needs school where we were before and they said he will never return back to mainstream as he is far too needy for that type of schooling but this county want him in mainstream

so i am fighting for a special needs school that is 10 miles away but in another county

all the help i can get would be brill as i am not allowed anybody there for me at the appeal the LA has told all the independant people not to go so i am on my own against them

Edited by freedom

Good luck Freedom, I've been through this and thought I was going to have a breakdown!!!

The amount of time and work you have to put in to get the right help for our children is unbelievable, the DH and I would be up until the early hours emailing, photo copying and reading up on things. The phone bill was huge and we were totally exhausted!

I hope you get whats right, as I noticed your child is very complex as is mine, which makes it even less cut and dried.

complex yes that he is

this county has nothing for children under 11 so when it comes to emlyn in his last 13 months of primary they cant cope and will do everything to dump him for whats left of his time in year 5 and 6 after then we will be laughing as they have schhols for him so not a problem even thou they still have not sorted out that either which they should have done already

had an independant EP done this week and even thou i knew he had gone backwards it was still hard to see it in black and white knowing that because he has been out of school for 10 months he is now back to pre school levels again

the nice thing the EP sai thou is that he would hold a job down when he was an adult but it would be a pratical one where small wages and small steps were taken but thats something