Sign in to follow this  
purplehaze

can I call my own interim review

Hello everyone, I haven't been here for a while as it's been one thing after another. Any way my son is struggling at school and his behaviour is getting worse at school and at home.

He was excluded last week and when I went in for a return meeting the head of inclusion said the school will call an interim review if he is excluded again.

he also told me if they exclude him the LEA will want to ask me if I think the school have met his needs (I wonder what I will say).

Also my son refused to move from the classroom-It all started because we live in the contaminated water area and my son went to school and obviously this changed things (I didn't know until he had got to school). He was very anxious and his behaviour got more out of control until he threw a bottle of water a cross the classroom hitting another child.

The head of inclusion suggested physically containing/moving my son and I said I didn't think that would help because someone would get hurt and it would make the situation worse-although I do understand why. So he said the other option is to phone the police to move my son from the classroom??????

My son still doesn't want to move and refuses-should I keep with this school, move schools and get a school refuser.

there are no appropriate schools near by.

He has pushed me when I tried to stop him from jumping out of his window and I had a swollen bruised hand-he has also broken his window locks-but I have kept him off this week and he has been much calmer although on edge (if you know what I mean).

can I call my own interim review???????

I'm beginning to wish my son was a flapper instead of a thrower when he was anxious because people see that behaviour although 'weird' more aceptable. The school just keep telling me he is choosing this behaviour-am I just being stupid or what-isn't he choosing it because he is anxious or it is what he is learning to do in school and getting rewarded by being excluded????

I just feel like i'm losing a battle and do not know what to do, please help...........

(sorry it's all a bit jumbled X)

Hiya >:D<<'>

You can request and interim review.

What would be a good reason for asking for an early review?

You should ask for an early review if you believe:

* that your child?s needs have changed and are no longer accurately described in Part 2 of the Statement; or

* that the provision in Part 3 of the Statement is no longer meeting your child?s needs.

http://www.ipsea.org.uk/sevenfixes.htm#EarlyReview

http://www.ace-ed.org.uk/advice/booklets/AnnualReview.html

Hope that helps. :)

Hi.I am sorry that school is tough. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I do understand your frustration regarding exclusion being a reward.I had the same feelings about Ben.He was at risk of exclusion but was almost looking to be excluded as he did not wish to be there....I was the one who ended up feeling I would be facing the consequences in having a stressed frustrated son at home.

It does puzzle me that when my other DS was not at school due to stress EWO were so keen to enforce attendance.However when school see exclusion as an option lack of access to education appears less important. :whistle::whistle: Karen.