Sign in to follow this  
gothschild

What other support do you get?

Hi,

As you may of read I am having a lovely time with my LEA at the minute and now I have another query about statements!

Ive noticed that there is a part which includes any non-educational help that your child might need and how they will get it and was wondering what kind of help this is?

The contract I have refused made no mention of this or how he would get any transport he might need without a statement.I would like some kind of life skills lessons to be available to him at some time in the future and was wondering if this kind of thing was included?

I saw J's consultant this morning and told him all of my concerns, even he could see why I had to refuse the contract and he sits on the panel that sends these things out! I left feeling very proud of myself, to get everything out I needed to say to him and not cry( my lip quivered a few times) is a big thing for me, I am quite a nervous person and I tend to get really churned up at times like these, but so far I'm holding it together :thumbs:

gothschild x

Hi.

As a general guide provision that is documented as non-educational help within the Statement does not have the same level of ''security'' in terms of ability for parents to challenge it if it is not providedas per the Statement.

So it is worth pushing to make sure that anything that could be seen as educational input is documented within Educational Provision.

Anything like OT,Sensory Programme,Anger Management,Social Skills Groups,SALT programmes should be included as Educational Provision.

Do push to have anything that you can demonstrate would be appropriate for your child's needs is documented but as Educational Provision.

Transport is a whole sperate issue and others here are much more well informed than me. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Karen.