CEJesson

Met my former Special Needs Assistant today after 3 years

Was so nice to see again someone who had helped me in my situation throughout secondary school - We kept in touch on facebook and so forth but its been 3 years since I left and havent seen her in person until today. She also left school for another job when I left and thats why we didnt meet before. A great person like she was back then, could be a friend for life! Needless to say shes back at the same school now doing the same job as when I was there working with pupils with an ASD :)

Chris

Edited by CEJesson

Thats nice Chris. JP loves keeping in touch with his former TA - she was with him from the age of 8 to 16. Like you say, a friend for life :thumbs:

There are some smashing TA,s out there, my son has a lovely lady at the moment , who really understands how my lad thinks and works, which makes all the difference :thumbs: .I bet your TA/friend really enjoys meeting up with you too.

Yes she seemed pleased and we had loads to talk about as you can imagine, even though we have kept in contact about monthly on msn or facebook. Spent ages in the coffee shop then sat in the grounds of Newark Castle, I learnt how many teachers who were there when I was are still at the same school.

One of her sons is looking at Sheffield Hallam University and as I am at the other one, University of Sheffield, we may meet again in the city on October 5th when her son has an open day.

What helped during school was that she was with me in lessons, and she was near enough assigned to me, and not many other pupils. So the contact hours were excellent. We went through a lot of my past traits over coffee yesterday! Including many explosive tantrums involving throwing books and upturning tables ! :wacko:

Edited by CEJesson