f.o.e.

first impression

yeah, my first real topic here: :clap:

they say the first impression is the most important thing if you meat a new person. in some work expierences

i saw that most cant forgett their first impression of others, so if you behaved in a bad way you cant be a good person anymore. but of course you are not a person of a few seconds.

if i meat someone new i may remamber what he did but i update my picture of him everytime i see him and dont make any forkasts bout his behavior before enought time pasts.

i wonder if this is an autistic ability or are there also non autistics who dont mind about a first impression.

thanks for discussion

your ricky

Tricky!! If I MEET someone I think although the first impression can be very important I am able to alter my opinion of them as time goes on, if I meet them again that is, whereas if it was a one off meeting, that opinion of them would stick in my mind, hope this helps >:D<<'> Enid

I think that autistic people are more able to overcome a negative first impression and grow to like someone who made a bad first impression.

I have also met people who have seemed nice on the first impression and then behaved like complete idiots. I think that some people who know they are horrible put on an act because they know how important first impressions are, but can't sustain it.

But it is definitely true that the first impression is very important to people. I always try to smile and say something friendly when I first meet someone. Even though I can't sustain that level of sociability, it does seem to help if I can get the first meeting right.