Sign in to follow this  
single autie mum

dry scalp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a dry itchy scalp its driving r mad theres no visitors in his hair ive checked ,ive tried numerous dry scalp shampoos and tried rubbing oil on his head if i can catch him before washing his hair, have big trouble with washing hair putting things on his hair a he's terrified of anything going in his ears :blink::wacko:

i use vitamin e oil on my daughters hair as hers gets real dry and peely i get it from the health shops this works really well 4 my daughter but she does keep it in her hair over nite which mite b a prob for him

goodluck

love donnaxxxxx

i use vitamin e oil on my daughters hair as hers gets real dry and peely i get it from the health shops this works really well 4 my daughter but she does keep it in her hair over nite which mite b a prob for him

goodluck

love donnaxxxxx

thanks i,ll give it a try thinking of buying a shower cap and putting vit e oil on hair and see if i can persuade him to wear s cap for a bit wish me luck :bounce:

This is a nasty problem that I experienced for nearly 10 years. I tried all sorts of treatments but the only one that was really effective was Original Source orange and tea tree oil shampoo. I don't think this is available any more but other tea tree oil shampoos are around that seem to work almost as well. The Body Shop sells some - its a thick green liquid.

good luck hope it works xxxx

lots of love donnaxxx

hi canopus i tried teatree with shannon but it really stung her eyes and made them really sore, glad it worked for youxxxxx

Just to be sure have you combed through the hair with a nit comb? The reason I ask is that Bill had this problem a few years back and I kept checking his hair for 'visitors' and couldn't see anything, bought various shampoos etc to treat scalp conditions etc none of which got rid of the problem.

One night I decided to comb through with a nit comb just to be absolutely sure, and he had several colonies that had made themselves right at home :sick:

So maybe you already have, but if not, I would definitely recommend trying with conditioner and a nit comb just to make sure.

Flora

I use Oilatum intensive shampoo fro my son. He is only 3 but has had persistant dry scaly scalp and no matter how mild the shampoo nothing helped. I used this and within the first use trhe scales were on their way. It has helped. Watch the shampoo you use is ph balanced too as this can lead to dry scaly scalps if they are prone.