Sign in to follow this  
joybed

so proud of my boy

After all the difficulties with M for the past year finally something to be proud of. We had to go to a family christening yesterday and we decided we would take M with us. Thought hard about it as his behaviour has been quite bad lately and this was DH family who have never met M although they are aware of his ASD. We had a long chat about how the day would go and discussed ways to deal with his stress if any occured. Church was great sat there quietly with his brother and sister although he quietly asked how much longer half way through the service. In the pub afterwards he talked to people and even bumped into someone he went to school with and with a little prompting had a short conversation. The best proud mummy moment though was when he came to me and said i am feeling a bit stressed is it OK if I go outside. He went outside and sat at the top of the climbing frame for a while till he calmed down then came back in. Hopefully the start of a better time of us. Thought I would post this as i sometimes feel i only post doom and gloom.

Aw bless him, how lovely, you obviously worked hard to ensure he was well prepared.

Thank you for sharing such a lovely positive story.

Clare x x x

Excellent

It's so nice to read a positive

Well done you, you must have described the day to M so well

And well done to M for dealing with such a big day so well