Sign in to follow this  
Tally

Baby Snails

After last night's torrential rain, I have found hundreds of baby snails on my strawberry plants! Many of them didn't look like ordinary garden snails, their shells are very tall and tightly coiled. I wonder if anyone knows what variety they might be.

I moved them off my strawberry plants and took some photos. They are so small that the photos haven't come out too clear, but hopefully this will give you an idea of what they look like.

Snails!

I don't know what they are called but they are not babies just a variety of very small snails that you don't normally see.

I don't think they are much of a fret to your plant, and they will probably be gone by tomorrow. Its all this wet weather.

Chris.

I didn't know adult snails came so small!

On the far left of the photo there is a baby one of those common brown snails. I think they are the ones who have been eating my strawberry plants! Today I bought some special gel which is supposed to repel slugs and snails without harming them. I'm going to put it around the rim of the pot to keep them out. I don't mind them nibbling at my mini Xmas tree though.

Hey... Now... Stoppit :shame:

As a founder member of SNOT (Snails Need 'Omes Too) I spend half my day supergluing cracked shells back together...

If you want to step on anything, step on slugs: I don't like slugs (well, the ocassional slug of whisky, maybe!) since one crawled on a pork chop I was eating at a BBQ and i mistook it for a nice piece of Kiddly!

Don't you mean "Kidney?"

That's what I said, Diddle I ?

I really must get an early night :lol