Tally

My Grandad

Hello, I just want to show off my grandad, who recently appeared in his local newspaper after competing in the Surrey Athletics Championships.

He normally runs 800m and 1500m, and has several World and British Records for his age group. Last week he decided to compete in the 100m, 200m and 400m, just for a laugh really. He knocked 9secs off the previous British Record for his age group in the 400m, but tripped as he crossed the line and was unable to compete in the 100m and 200m. He is now a bit battered and bruised, but recovering well and intends to try again. My grandma says he is going to give up competing now, but he just smiles and says, "we'll see."

Here is is in the newspaper: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a24/Tallu...50/RIMG0072.jpg

Gosh Tally... reading that almost shamed me into digging out my old reeboks (which are so old they are probably obsolete).

Flora :D

:thumbs::thumbs: Nice One Harry! :thumbs::thumbs:

Are you sure he tripped as he crossed the line? Perhaps somebody rolled a ball under his feet... Tempan Bowling is very popular these days, you know :whistle:

(ouch - sorry)

:D