Sign in to follow this  
NobbyNobbs

success... sort of

i have been referred to the mental health team for assessment for AS. not really sure what i get from that since i already have a diagnosis the doctors are all willing to accept but until its officially in writing in black and white i wont fully believe it i think (plus i feel bad that the university is bending over backwards for me now and hope the paper will help) so now i just have to wait 8-10 months for my initial appointment and i'm all set :robbie:

8-10 months, its a joke the NHS isnt it!! I dont get what they aim to achieve when your already diagnosed, unless they are looking for a statement of needs to come out of it for the uni to use.

Sounds like maybe it's a formality to be honest, just to get what they already know confirmed in writing by the person officially qualified to make the diagnosis.

8-10 months :wallbash:

But at least it is going to happen.

Actually 8-10 months isn't that bad in comparison to some areas. I've heard people on here say they've had to wait years.

Good luck when it finally comes through.

Flora