Sign in to follow this  
sonj186

early bird meetings in lincolnshire

hi all, jsut wondering if anyone has attended the early bird training for autism and asbergers? my son is almost 6 with mild autism/asbergers (at the mo they cant tell which it is) i just wondered if anyone had found it usefull as my husband and i are thinking about doing it.

sonj xx

Hi Sonj186 and welcome to the forum, we have not attended the Early Bird Training, but I am sure many have on this forum and will soon pop along with their experiences.

Clare x x x

Hi I went on Earlybird last year and am now doing the "What now?" course( or Early bird plus) I found it very helpful, I knew most of the things about autism,but it was great to meet other parents in the same boat and gained lots of tips from them. Also it was good to laugh( and sometimes cry..) with people who REALLY understand. My opinion ... Well worth doing! Enjoying the "What now" and have met lots of great people who know what sleep depravation feels like :thumbs:

I am currently attending the earlybird course (almost half way through), I think its really useful and agree that one of best parts is meeting other parents of ASD children in your area. They give you some really useful information about how to try and help your child and how to understand how autism/asd/aspergers affects communication, social skills behaviour etc.

Edited by westie