Sign in to follow this  
ginger0705

hi, i'm new

hi,

i'm new to the forum. i've got 2 sons both on the spectrum. B (4) was diagnosed a while ago with asd and more recently we've been told that we're "working towards a diagnosis of high functioning autism" with our other son S (6)

youngest was diagnosed in march/april so we were still finding our feet a little with everything when we got the news about our other son.

although i've pretty much read everything i can get my hands on still feel completely clueless most of the time!

we've not had an "official" diagnosis with sam as the psychologist seeing him wants to see how things pan out with him over the next while. could it be because of his age? i've heard that children who start off with a dx of hfa are often given a dx of aspergers at around age 8. from what we've read about it, it could've been written about him!

anyway be lovely to have a chat and hope you don't mind my endless questions!

Edited by ginger0705

Hi ginger Welcome to the Forum. :)

Please don't worry about the endless questions....I have been round here asking for some time and nobody appears to mind....well they haven't told me to shut up yet. :D Karen.

hi and welcome, i am always asking for help and advice on here so dont worry the people on here are so helpful dont know where i would have been with out there help they are all stars in my book :notworthy:

Hi Ginger

I think you will find everyone here is really friendly and always offer support and guidance when needed.

Welcome to the forum

I've heard that children who start off with a dx of hfa are often given a dx of aspergers at around age 8. from what we've read about it, it could've been written about him!

anyway be lovely to have a chat and hope you don't mind my endless questions!

Hello and welcome :thumbs:

My son is 5 and has a dx of high-functioning autism. It's interesting what you say about a later dx of aspergers because the more I read about aspergers the more it seems to fit him better.

As the others have said, don't worry about asking lots of questions. I've always had loads of support from the guys on here :thumbs:

Nicky x