alisonatt

permanent exclusion

my son ho is 6 years old has just been permanently excluded, he does not have a dx yet we been see doctors and camhs for over 6 months now they are looking into aspergers and adhd, i was in the middle of getting the school to finally get a statement sorted, my son was so angry when i picked him up took me ages to get out of him what happened, turns out the head teacher was calling him a horriable boy and things like that my son cannot cope with, the have only ever seen my son as a problem, i just dont know where to turn now, i have phoned parent partnership up but waiting for them to get back to me, any help and advice would be great

Sorry to hear this. :(

At the risk of stating the obvious - this should not have happened. At the very least it sounds as though the school haven't done everything they can to meet your son's SEN - exclusion should be a very last resort. Calling him a "horrible boy" - that's terrible! :o

Follow this link below - Support sheet 10 which applies to you. It tells you what the correct procedure should be and what to do next.

Scroll up to the top and there is a number for the ACE "exclusion line", give them a call.

http://www.ipsea.org.uk/exclusion-support-...nentnostatement

K x

Edited by Kathryn

IPSEA are a very good support organisation.

I would contact your local NAS ( National Autistic Society) group and see if they can help and advise you. The NAS have been excellent in help me with my grown up son.

Oh no what a big shock for you and your son.

Try really hard to think of the positive side - that he is out of a horrible situation and that you are out of a school who don't sound like they have been the right place for him.

Hopefully the exclusion will stand you in good stead for a much more appropriate placement for your son. If he's been told he's a horrible boy then that's no good and no matter what statement you get, if the school have the wrong attitude and see your son as a problem then it's a hard attitude to change.

In the meantime try and ring everyone you can. My son is being sent home lots atm and I ring his consultant (I think this is all relevant to the possibility of him getting a diagnosis), parent partnership, the SEN liasion team - anyone involved in the hope that someone will do something!

Thinking of you.

thanks you all so much with your help and advice in this really hard time >:D<<'> i have been on to parent partnership and the lady from there is going over it with me and coming to the meeting with me so i not on my own, i have not had a good reason to why this has happened but i have had a feeling since september that its what the school had wanted to do,i am not going to let that teacher get away with calling my son names, he is not a horrible boy he just cannot take being treated the way they have treated him,going to be making lots of phone calls today and i am not going to let my son go through this again, i will look at every school and if i dont feel jay would be happy here i will just keep looking,end of the day i have to fight for him cos if i dont no one else will all he needs is a school that understand him i want him to be happy cos there is nothing worse then being unhappy at school,well keep your fingers crossed and hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel, thanks again for everything i will keep you all updated >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>