Sign in to follow this  
peaches

What early signs should I look for in sibs?

R hasnt finished his CAMHS appointments yet but everything seems to be pointing to the Aspergers. His mother has been diagnosed with Aspergers as an adult, but as a child we just thought she was different. (for those of you who dont know me its worth mentioning here that I am R's maternal grandmother, I am bringing him up and two of his 3 sisters). Obviously if R has Asperger's and his mum has Asperger's the chances of one of his 3 sisters having it are quite high, I think. The clinical psychologist also asked me if there were any signs.

I know that girls present with quite different symptoms to boys. I also know that my daughter was completely different to her son, she was more passive, introverted. She didnt show any particular developmental delay either and is quite bright. One of the things she did as a child was lining up toys. DGD1 aged almost 3 does this, but she is very outgoing and animated in her play and doesnt show any of the sensory problems that her brother has, so Im hoping she might be OK but obviously its too soon to tell. She has started with temper trantrums recently, but thats all part of being 2 I think, and they are much less frequent and severe than her brothers.

DGD2 is aged 15 months and seems quite like her brother in many ways but unlike her sister somehow. She seems to stare at me frowning sometimes, something Ive not experienced from one so small. She doesnt like hugging or nursing to sleep, we just put her in her cot and she goes off with her blanky. She is a good sleeper though. She can be very physical, often pushes other kids. She is also very strong willed. And she squeals. She does make speech like sounds - her own name, her sisters name but her first words are mostly the same has her brothers: "here!" when she wants something.

I know they are all different, but it would be helpful if you could point me in the right direction of what to look for in small girls!