Sara R

new autism website with over 100 video clips from interviews

Hi,

I'm posting to let people know of a new autism resource at www.healthtalkonline.org The site 'Life on the Autism Spectrum' features interviews with 20 people with ASD. The interviews were filmed and the site includes over 100 video clips from the interviews and summaries of the key themes discussed including relationships, communication, employment and further education and information.

The research was conducted by the DIPEx Health Experiences Research Group based at the University of Oxford, and the study was funded by the Wellcome Trust. A second site has also been launched based on interviews with parents of children/adults with ASD.

I'm currently evaluating both sites and would be very grateful for any comments or feedback you have. There is a questionnaire to download in the resources and information section or you can just post what you think here. The resources section is a work in progress so if anyone has any additional resources to add, please let me know.

Cheers,

Sara

:D

Edited by Kathryn

Hi,

I'm posting to let people know of a new autism resource at www.healthtalkonline.org. The site 'Life on the Autism Spectrum' features interviews with 20 people with ASD. The interviews were filmed and the site includes over 100 video clips from the interviews and summaries of the key themes discussed including relationships, communication, employment and further education and information.

The research was conducted by the DIPEx Health Experiences Research Group based at the University of Oxford, and the study was funded by the Wellcome Trust. A second site has also been launched based on interviews with parents of children/adults with ASD.

I'm currently evaluating both sites and would be very grateful for any comments or feedback you have. There is a questionnaire to download in the resources and information section or you can just post what you think here. The resources section is a work in progress so if anyone has any additional resources to add, please let me know.

Cheers,

Sara

:D

I have just spent 2 hours looking through this website and it gives a fantastic insight into all aspects of ASD. Its the fact that you are actually listening and seeing other people (in the video clips)with the same problems you are experiencing instead of just reading about it. Well worth a look at.

I just had a quick look but will certainly be going back to look at the site again as it is very good.I already found a clip of a mum with the same experiences as me. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Karen.

I just had a quick look but will certainly be going back to look at the site again as it is very good.I already found a clip of a mum with the same experiences as me. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Karen.

Hi Karen,

I'm really pleased to hear that because one of the aims of the site to provide a wide range of experiences so that you can find someone with similar experiences to your own!

Sara

Great site, have had a quick look and then save it to my favorites as I think I could spend a long time on there.

Thanks for letting us know about it.

Clare x x x

Thanks Sara, the site looks interesting and I'll have a proper look later. In the meantime I've edited the URL in your post to create a direct link.

K x