Sign in to follow this  
lbj

Diagnosed

:thumbs: Well, my little Elli (3yrs 4 and a bit months) was officially diagnosed this morning and I'm very pleased. I understand that diagnosis is a difficult time for a lot of parents but I think it's that Broader Autism Phenotype thing - I cannot bear grey areas myself, I'd rather bad news than no news, but this is good news! We met the education co-ordinator (not sure if that's her exact title) and she seemed really friendly, really competent and she seemed to really understand Elli who is quiet, passive and adaptable which leads a lot of (less well informed) people to go "He's not autistic!". I'm very reassured, let's hope this translates into decent support for him when he starts nursery.

janine

Hi Janine, and welcome to the forum.

I'm glad you have some answers about your son now :)

Diagnosis can be a confusing time. I don't have children, but I got my own diagnosis last year and it was a big relief for me. For me it was key to moving forward, and it sounds like it's already working that way for your son. You must be relieved it's all over now.

Hi, janine

My DS was diagnosed at 4yrs, and it came as a huge relief to us, too (although we did also find it upsetting at the time)

It has enabled us to get so much support from various agencies, so we definitely see it as a positive :thumbs:

>:D<<'>