peaches

Has anyone used one of those hotels that do childcare

Can you recommend somewhere for a short break in this country which does childcare or has a creche. Im ready to crack up. I did have a list of places but cant find them.

I have read some of your posts and my heart goes out to you, I have had a look on google and there are some places that come up on a search but as I've never used one I honestly cannot recommend a place.

Just a thought and I know a friend did this whille in college she was studying childcare and used to support a parent 2 mornings a week as part of her placement, could you phone your local FE college and speak to the tutors they may be able to arrange a placement for you, the student would not be able to be left alone but could push a pram hold a hand play games while you load the washer and such like. The other thing to do is ask contact your local sure start, mine did adult courses and being able to have a hour or working my brain while the children were in cr�che was great.

Sure start in my area also do courses for people wishing to be childminders so may be able to put you in touch with someone who is about to finish and they may be more adaptable.

We always found Center Parcs v helpful when JP was little (we still go but he's a bit big for the creche now :lol: )

We booked him into childcare, explained the situation & they put an extra member of staff on when he was there :thumbs:

I'll also pm you a hotel.

Booked centre parcs, Longleat. Got discount code if anyone wants it PM me.

We have never been before, but the spa sounds right up my street.

Hope you have a lovely time.

Book your spa treatments well before you arrive, or they'll be full up. Other activities, too.

Really???

Well its so close that I might be too late.

I must have another look at the website.

You'll probs be ok, so long as you do it before you get there.

We learned the hard way!

What do you recommend pearl?

I have had reflexology before and quite fancy a bit more of that. I would also like some massage ... anything that will destress. I am not particularly fussed about facials, but have never had one. Im not the type to put make up on and have an elaborate beauty routine. Might get a new hairdo I suppose.

I'm probs not the best person to ask as I can't cope with anything that involves taking my clothes off! :lol: (Quiet at the back) I moseyed along for a pedicure last time as I thought I could cope with nekkid tootsies, but they were fully booked, which is why I gave you a heads up. I'll book ahead for a pedicure next time & also thought maybe something like Indian head massage. I've had reflexology elsewhere & really enjoyed it too :thumbs: And Reiki - you get wrapped up in fluffy towels & they just do boogly boogly movements over you & dont actually TOUCH you while you listen to whale music, perfick!

I thought the hair salon was quite expensive compared to the real world so I didnt bother.

Have a lovely time :thumbs:

The reflexology was lovely, so was the flower arranging I booked too, I did enjoy the meals out we had. However, Im exhausted, so anyone else thinking of doing the same thing bear in mind its not a restful break. There was too much going back and forth with children to activities, too much standing about waiting for the land train etc. Then I was so annoyed on Thursday evening when it was raining and we were the first at the stop for the land train. It was a free for all and by the time we had gathered up our 3 children and buggy and buggy board there was no room! DH persuaded me to walk which was a huge mistake.

I think I will stick to lying on beaches!!!

However, I think CP are great for being child centred.

Am I the only one whose kids always get ill on holiday too? The youngest got a tummy bug after swimming and we had a completely sleepless night changing bedding etc. I sound like a right miserable old bag dont I? I get a week away and all I do is moan! Go on, tell me off.

Edited by peaches

OK then .... stop moaning! :lol:

Glad you had a good(ish) time. The secret is, book the kids in for loads of stuff & get the OH to take them. You, meanwhile, lie on a sunlounger in the domey thing, reading a magazine, sipping a drink & occasionally venturing into the jacuzzi.

I should have told you that before, shouldnt I? :lol: