Sign in to follow this  
lisac

day services for adults with autism

Hi, does anyone know of any day services for autistic adults with severe autism / challenging behaviour in or around London? My 21 yr old autistic son was kicked out of a National Autistic Society Day Service for being challenging, and finding an alternative has been impossible. The NAS wont cater for severely autistic / challenging people. If anyone knows of anywhere I would be very grateful. Many Thanks . Lisa

Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum :)

Another member posted an almost identical post to yours, earlier this year I think it was. Unfortunately I can't remember the member's name and I've tried a quick search but couldn't find it and can't remember how/if they resolved it.

I hope someone else with a better memory will remember who it was or be able to link you to the original post and that you find a solution that works.

Hi Welcome to the Forum. :)

We live in London but Ben is only 10 .However I know that in my area Social Services support adults with learning disabilities.They also support adults that are considered vulnerable Eg with mental health needs.Have you tried asking for a needs assessment to be done ? I am not an expert regarding who to ask but I think somone within Adult Social Care should be involved with your son.I would think you might well also have a right to an assessment in your own right as a carer if you are the main carer and are providing significant amounts of support.

Karen.