Sign in to follow this  
Salbaggio

Tonsilitus/vomiting

Levi has been ill since Saturday and I think it is tonsilitus as he has blisters on his throat, head aches etc. He has, up to now, been fighting off himself but I am taking him to the drs this morning as he has started burning up again.

The weird thing is he has been sick on a couple of occasions but I don't think it is a seperate tummy bug, I think it is related to his general state of being unwell.

It has just occured to me and dh to ask if anyone finds a tendancy to vomit easily with a ASD? I know this might sound a weird question but just about every illness he gets ends up with him being sick, I know this for sure as I am totally phobic of vomit and am so scared that I might pass this phobia on to either of my children.

How do you find general illnesses? Do you find them more difficult to get over due to the added anxiety?

I think you just vomit with a high temperature all of my kids do. Both myself and DS1 get tonsilits a lot and we both vomit. As a teenager i used to lose about a stone in weight every time i had tonsilitis as i couldn,t keep anything down at all, shame its not like that now.

I'd never associated vomiting with tonsilitus before so thanks for letting me know.

I'm afraid I am at that awful stage where I am feeling inclined to read too much into everything! We are still very much learning about Aspergers and amazed how much of his behaviour is linked - things that we never would have guessed.

Some kids are just prone to throwing up I guess whether they have AS or not

My diagnosed ASD son does not vomit any more easily than the next man. My six year old (no dx but many traits) vomits with non stomach based diseases, bad sights, bad smells and he's a magnet for norovirus etc. I'd made it through two children and 35 years without seeing so much vomit as has come from him (bless)

janine

Connor is always sick if his temperature is not brought down and with tonsilitus the infection would create a temperature,

What ever the illness my lad always tends to take longer than most to recover, but also tends to feel more pain than most (even the slightest scratch), which is a sensory issue with him either that or he just a drama Queen :rolleyes:

Hope Levi feels better soon, as that sounds a very nasty sore throat >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Hi

Some people with an ASD may also have sensory type issues. For instance, my son doesn't appear to feel the cold and would happily go outside in snow wearing a tshirt and a pair of shorts. In addition, I have noticed when he has bee ill that he tends to refuse pain relief (presumably because he doesn't need it) eg refused calamine lotion when he had chicken pox, etc. So, all in all, may have an unuually high or low pain threshold.

Caroline.