Sign in to follow this  
SallyAspie

NAS campaign for change

Hhhmmm!

The NAS "think differently" campaign sticks in my throat after the way my son was treated by the NAS. He was expelled/chucked out/removed from one of their day centres. He is non verbal, vunerable, severely autistic and 6 months on we are still unable to access any day services for him.

We were totally shocked at our treatment as a family, we were offered no support or advice just cut adrift. We contacted our MP and we complained to the chief executive. His reply referred to another young man (not our son) and seemed to be a standard letter. I have since been contacted by other parents in a similar situation who feel the NAS cherry pick.

Im afraid our respect for anything the NAS does or says has disappeared.

i did this to my MP... he wrote back saying he was aware of it but wouldn't sign because he felt that sort of thing was never taken notice of so there was no point

Nice attitude there from our leaders. Amazing how they never seem to apply the same logic to things like voter apathy :shame: