Sign in to follow this  
skye

NEED ADVICE

Hi everyone,

I didn't know where else to turn to today. My daughter, 5years old AS has been complaining about some serious symptoms but when I try to talk to her about it she says she was only joking. She has had a cold for a couple of weeks. She seems to be ok, but the last couple of days she has been saying that her chest hurts. This morning she said that her heart felt like a volcano and that it was going to explode her body. I am not sure what this is supposed to mean. She also has a fever and sore throat. She did vomit last night so I thought that it may just be heartburn. I called NHS direct and tried to ask her about the hurting and she said she felt better and that she wasn't really sick that she was only joking and making it up. I know she isn't making it up as she has the fever and vomiting last night. I am worried although she appears to be ok just watching nick jr. that there may be something underlying. She has eaten some toast and had some juice. I am just worried about the sensory issues around kids with ASD and if I should take the chest pain thing seriously even though she doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Has anyone else had anything like this? I am happy to let her stay home and nurse her here, I am just a bit worried that if there is some inflamation in her chest or something that I might be missing it and that she may really need to be seen by a doctor. Any advice please!! Thanks, Skye

If in doubt check it out. Even NHS direct can not diagnose over the phone. They can advise but without seeing the child/adult they can not be sure. My 11 year old plays down any illness he has and I think he does this because things change when he is ill and he does not like change so he tries to go about things as usual. The day after boxing day he became unwell had a tummy ache, high temp and was vomiting. I just had a gut feeling that it was more than a tummy bug. I rang NHS direct and given what I had told them they thought it was probably just a bug but I was not so sure. I slept on it, well not really as my son was awake most of the night but he did stop vomiting and my son said that he felt much better. I decided to take him to the walkin centre. My hubby even said that I was over reaqcting. We were sent straight from there to A&E where my son was admitted with appendicitis. So I as I have said if in doubt check it out.

Cat

Edited by Cat

You have my sympathies cos I had this at the begining of the week with my lad...ended up he came down with the flu bug doing the rounds....id maybe ring nhs direct as was mentioned and take it from there...it is hard to know what to sometimes isnt it. >:D<<'>

Doing the rounds here too - my son had been off school for four days and so have some of his classmates. It's a chesty cough and high temperature and in some cases accompanied by vomiting.

Your daughter may have something similar skye, but get it checked out by a GP if you're still worried.

K x

Sorry I disappeared after this post. Things are A-OK over here now. I just kept a good eye on her and she was alright. I was watching some of her shows and one of the characters was saying his heart felt like it was goin to explode and another show was about volcanoes. I thought it was weird that she said those things as she is usually so over-literal about everything but I solved that puzzle. Anyway, I hope everyone elses kids are doing ok now too and thanks for the replies!! I was just super stressed out! Skye