bluefish

info about ds for new school

Hi,

Ds will be going to a new school after Christmas (just waiting to here from them to see if they agree they can meet ds needs now they have seen his statement etc)

I thought I should write some personal things about ds, what he likes, who he lives with, pets etc so they can have an idea about him.

Not sure how much info to include. I am sure "pupil passports" have been mentioned in the past?

I have tried to look this up but am rubbish on pc and all I have found is one for the transition to senior school that I can't open to get ideas from as do not have the right application.

Can anyone give me some hints on what you would include for a new school?

They have all the reports about him, but they are all about his asd and what he has trouble with rather than about him. It should be easy but my mind goes blank every time I start...

I would include things that he finds difficult (eg: fire alarm, playtimes, lunchtimes) and things that might help him to cope with these.

Never presume that information will be passed on from the old school. I am constantly amazed at how little info we get sent for new children - even ones with dx and Statement.