Kathryn

And the next Doctor is.... Who????

Pass - no help, sorry. I'm not a Dr Who fan (well at least not the recent stuff - give me 'proper' Darleks any day :ph34r:).

However, it did amuse me that "Who's the new Dr Who?" made it onto the main BBC news last night - there was me thinking the news was about real current affairs, not fictional time travel. I even checked my calendar and it wasn't April the 1st... :unsure:

Here's a 'joke'; I think it was from Shooting Stars but my warped sense of humour found it funny:

Question: Who's the best doctor on TV?

Answer: Yes he is.

*insert groan here* :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never heard of him either and from the interview he gave on Dr Who Confidential last night he just doesn't seem to have that 'special something'. Who knows, he might be OK but I know that I'm going to take a lot of convincing.

Of course the BBC could always save all of this fuss and simply show some good old wobbly-set-man-in-a-rubber-suit B&W stuff :thumbs:

I remember thinking that Chris Eccleston was the best in a long time, then being totally won over by DT. Still in advance mourning really. He looks interesting, kind of Edward Scissorhands mad hair, could work.

Tom Baker was my doctor, though. I had a scarf just like his.

I agree that he looks too young - although he is older than he looks! I have two nieces age 12 and 13 and they are big DW fans and they both think that he was an awful choice and won't make a good doctor. Also, with Russel T Davies leaving as well when Tennent does, me and my O/H both think the next series might not be that good.

My fav doc was Eccleston, but I warmed quickly to Tennent - as I am reasonabley young the only other doctor I remember is Sylvester mcCoy who I thought was fab at the time