edith simon

repetition!!

Dear All,

I am back again as I really need your tips and advice on the topic of repetition.My son 23 ASD + severe learning difficulties but communicates in 4-5 word sentences.

He is reapeating the same topic /I do not know how many times!! - I have no strengh or courage to count!/ .

eg.In summer we will go on holiday. You cannot go to the Skoda garage because they can call the police.or I am not getting old.......

or It is not very expensive /nowdays credit crunch etc/ and If I stop him he does not chandge the topic but might cry if I send him upstairs after explaining the same topic PAAATTIIOOONTTTLYYYY 7 times minimum and I have no more strengh but then he starts the next repetitive topic.

Interestingly enough if I take him to London or to the seaside then there is no repetion.So when he is well entertained he does not repaet but I have no eneregy to keep him busy 16 hours a day.

Any tips??Any strategies???

Thanks a lot for help.

Best wishes

Edith :robbie:

My son is 15 and has aspergers syndrome plus moderate learning diffiuclties...............he too can for better want of a word drone on and on about a subject .Most of the time i just let it wash over me it goes in one ear and out the other..as long as i say the odd yes ,no or ok he thinks im listening and he doesnt require much fedback on his rotton boreing subject.hes obviously getting somehting out of it so i just let him get on with it.

But we all have days when its one subject too many and you cant take no more.............

Ive no great pearls of wisdom im afraide but youre not alone.Im an expert at blocking him out.