Sign in to follow this  
baddad

Autism awareness day

Hi all :)

I receved an e-mail from Kent Autistic Trust about autism awareness day and a link to 'open your eyes to autism'. I followed the link, anticipating finding some awful rubbish about 'cures' and stuff like that, that i would then have a moan at KAT about for circulating :devil::lol:

Instead, I found a very interesting video that I thought worth sharing. I don't agree 100% with what's being said, but all in all I think it's a really honest and realistic video...

Hope you enjoy

open your eyes video

L&P

BD :D

Hmmmm...

got another link from KAT today, and a bit disappointed by a couple of bits in this newer video:

http://www.openyoureyestoautism.com/

That said, no obvious connections with groups like DAN or autism speaks, and i guess as this is one of the annual events that does at least raise autism's profile openyoureyes is a better banner to walk under than some that might be there.

Any London locals going, BTW?

L&P

BD :D

Wow. I just watched both videos and there is a tear in my eye. On a day where my 5 year old(still awaiting Diagnosis) lay down on the floor screaming 'I hate myself and everyone hates me' its quite hard hitting. I have signed petitions and thoroughly support this rally. However I have been informed (I live in Scotland) that the reforms will apply only to England and Wales. Does anyone know if there will be any reforms in Scotland or how to go about trying to get them?

when is it? I know dont shoot me i am a disgrace for not knowing!!

the walk/rally is this saturday, I think... the time etc is in the website with the vids.

:D

Such a shame I can't make autism awareness day, I am in France :( I suppose I could do a little dance while there.

I found the video so emotive, it made me cry, It really brings home to you how difficult out children and adults who have autism feel to live in the "normal" world.

Thankyou for putting the link up, it reminds me I need to be more tolerant towards my little autie boy.

Sarah