Sign in to follow this  
hedders

Fed up, my whole life is taken trying to sort out school mistakes

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

No still dont feel better.

All i want is dd referred to a ed psy, now the senco wont referr her untill our pead has given him her perspective of reasons why she should be referred.

He has claimed that dd is progressing as i have told pead that i feel she isn't

Term 2 she was on level 1b and now term 3 she is on level 1a.

His letter makes me look stupid.

When i appied for stat assessment in july 08 dd was in yr 2 i have her assessment scores from her primary school and so does the pead

In yr 2 her assessment level was 1b and she left yr 2 reaching level 1a but i was refused her school records as i wanted to know how long she was on level 1b for ???

I have sent him a letter with this info on and asked for his clarifcation about these scores, i have also left a message for pead as she will recieve the school letter and asked her too to look at her previous scores, i will also write to her.

I got a life but yet again i have been trying to sort this out and now totally upset and angry as i was looking forward today which i can't as all i'm thnking about is that stupid letter.

Hi hedders.Someone else on the Forum has posted before to say that it is possible to request an EP appointment yourself .It may be worth phoning Children's Services to ask who the EP is who covers the school your child attends.You may be able to talk to them direct and request a visit.It may not work but could be worth investigating.Karen.

Hi

Do you know you can phone the Ed psych up yourself and discuss your concerns. They are really very helpful.

Good luck.

mummy.x

Hi i spoke to supportive parents just needed an outsider view, they also said i should phone ed psy i been down this path a couple of yrs ago so will give it another go.

Basically i shouldn't be concerned if she is on the same level now comapred to the previous yr as supportive parents said its shows that she hasn't re -progressed, but she would expect a child to go up to the next level (2) not in stages of 1c,1b 1a

The lady was shocked that the senco has asked a pead for reasons why she should be referred and hasn't mentioned her IEP and the fact she didn't met her targets and he put that they will do more assessments in May as supportive parent

said "what are they waiting for."

I feel better now but i'm still not happy that dd is on the same level.

I am not sure if I am correct (and would appreciate it if someone points out if this is wrong!) but, as I understand it, each year a child is supposed to move up two levels (i.e. from 1c to 1a, from 1a to 2b).

In yr 4 my sons sats results were same level as last year (he suffers high anxiety in these situation so they say that his results do not reflect his true abilities) however since start of yr5 they put him in different group for maths and english and gave him more support and in one term his maths grades moved up 3 levels and his english two levels. On his annual review it says last yr he was 3c reading 2c writing, 2a math number, 2a math shape and measures, 2a maths handling data.

This term it says he is 3a reading, 2b writing, 3a for all the maths categories. Not sure if that is average/ below average for his age but am pleased with progress he has made.

Can't understand the schools reluctance to help, I hope you get in touch with the EP and get some help and advice.

Take care >:D<<'>

Yea i have read about before going up to sub levels so i think your right, i'm just still confused

yr 2 started on level 1c annual reivew was level 1a at end of yr in literacy

yr 3 started on level 1c present term on level 1a in literacy

Even looking at it i still can't work it out.

no it sounds really confusing to me also!!

:wacko:

It has been brought to my attention that maybe when dd left yr 2 on level 1a maybe she had forgotten what she had learn't during the summer hoildays and when she started yr 3 she had gone back to level 1c.