Sign in to follow this  
Teresa

Support given at Uni ?

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help, is there anyone who has first hand experience of the support given by Manchester or

Salford University for a people with AS, and if so what are your opinions on how they have help or have not help you, also

what do you think about the teaching standards etc... Reason for asking is that my Daughter has applied and not sure

which one will offer the best support.

Many Thanks T x

i'd recommend contacting their disability offices (if you haven't already). they will be able to say what sorts of support they are able to prove. your daughter will need a Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) needs test, to see what support she needs in order to fully access the university. this would be organised by whatever university she chooses.

for example - my support is a note-taker for all classes, a 1:1 tutor for 2 hours a week, extra money for books, photocopying etc. supposedly my dept. are meant to prepare additional information for me on work i'm expected to do, and rewrite all documents to remove metaphorical language, but they dont do those two... so also make sure whatever department she would be in are also fully supportive.