Sign in to follow this  
bluefish

How things can be

Hi. I have often been on here moaning (with good reason) about school. Now we have been at new school 5 weeks and things are perfect! Ds got upset in p.e. he went back to class with the ta and had a story, he was calm and the other children did not have their lesson dissrupted, he didnt make it to the toilet on time and they found him some pants with road signs on (his current obsession)so he was delighted rather than disstresed.communication is fantastic and they explain changes to ds so I do not get a disstresed little boy arrive home, the reason for this post is I had lost faith in the education system and now it has been restored. A school might not be bad but it might not be right for your child. try another! I just wanted to say it IS worth moving school rather than constantly fighting with a school that are not meeting your childs needs. :thumbs:

I totally agree. However, when our children are stuggling its the inner parenting whisper that tells us to struggle and question what the current school are doing. But if you have questioned and the school have not changed there attitude than it is more beneficial to move our children.

My friends son moved from a non supporting normal junior school to a speech and language unit which had 6 children. Now the reason he lost his speech is because he was so anxious.

His mum wanted him to go to a residential school when he finished junior school.

One year after being in the speech and language unit he moved to a private independent normal school. Here he manages in a class of 12 children with no LSA. His language has come on to the point where he does not stop speaking. He is doing his daily homework (but does struggle with the amount he has). He has joined the school football team.

He is such a HAPPY CHILD