Sign in to follow this  
bikemad

Anyone know the law on melatonin and customs?

Ive been saving since ds was 3 to take him to Disney Paris n ive finally got enough to cover the trip, dogs kennels and spending lol....but ds is on melatonin...does anyone know the rules about taking it thru customs? We are hoping to fly as it is the way ds finds easiest.

Hi I don't know any specific rules re melatonin.However as a rule if medication is prescribed via a doctor and you have it in a recognised labled packet or bottle I would not think it would be a problem.I pressume you are only taking enough for the duration of the holiday and are not trafficing it. :lol:

If you are planning to carry at as hand luggage rules are still in place re the amount of liquid permitted so do check that too.Karen.

Edited by Karen A

:whistle: Now theres an idea......lol.....only teasing.

He has the capsules so no fluid n id carry it in hand luggage yea......just hope they dont ask one of us to take it to prove its ok cos one of us would be a zombie for the trip haha. :rolleyes:

Melatonin is available over the counter in many countries, though I don't know about France specifically. Since it is legal to import melatonin bought in this way for your own personal use, you certainly won't have any problems bringing it back home. I don't expect you will have any problem with it.

Take it in the container the chemist gives it to you in, just to be on the safe side.

If you were taking anything with a street value (Ritalin, Valium, narcotics, that kind of thing), it can be an idea to also bring a Dr's note, but you won't need it for melatonin.