Sign in to follow this  
baddad

Yeuch! what a horrible yoghurt....

I had a strawberry yoghurt tonight for 'pud' and it tasted really, really horrible. Then I looked at the pot and saw it wasn't a strawberry yoghurt, but a rhubarb yoghurt. It tasted lovely after that! I have had similar experiences when drinking coffee while aniticipating tea and visa versa.

Perhaps yoghurt makers and tea/coffee growers should market their products deliberately in this way (taking their cue from the 'confusion' sweets mumble mentioned)?

I also had some mould flavoured bread the other day, but i think that was because i left it out in the open.

One other thought occurs - what did background actors mumble before they invented rhubarb? (that's 'they' as in fruit inventors not 'they' as in background actors'. And I don't know why i said 'they' anyway as everyone knows rhubarb was invented by Lord Barnaby Wendlesham-Rhubarb in November 1637 after he grafted a plum to a stick of celery on the family allotment. He also crossed a duck with a pig and invented duck fat - which came in very handy for getting perfect roast potatoes but caused a bit of a stir when the Speverend Rooner came for Sunday dinner :o

Another invention of his was self-cleaning water. Lord Barnaby Wendlesham-Rhubarb died in 1643 of dysentry and related typhoid. May he rest in rhubarb peace

:wacko: wibble :wacko:

:D

We sell loads of rhubarb flavoured yoghurts at work. They seem to have become really popular recently. I cannot understand why. Whenever I drop them on the floor, they look a bit like vomit if you ask me.

It's all that high altitude stuff, the adrenalin's still rushing.

I'm not sure the forum is ready for an adrenalin-rush BD!! :o

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Boho :ph34r:

Baddad were you drinking yesterday :whistle:

Either that or a a high :thumbs:

Emma

Well that's nice isn't it!

You post a brief message regarding a momentary lapse of concentration while eating dairy produce and immediately the accusations fly in that you must have been under the inluence of altitude or high on high :o:(

It's not nice :tearful::shame:

And as for the suggestion that I might have been consuming alcohol ON A WEEK DAY :o:o

Well - as the old poof on the telly used to say - my flabber has never been so ghasted!

Tally - why do you drop rhubarb yoghurts on the floor? Is it a hobby? I thought you meant accidentally at first, until I saw the 'whenever' which suggests a degree of deliberation. You used to do needle point didn't you? That seems much more sensible, if you don't mind me saying... i mean, you can hang a tapestry (boyyo!)*, but you can't hang a yoghurt... Or can you? Maybe it's a new art form? Free expression - like those soiled nappies they hung in the tate that time. I've seen some Jackson Pollock's in my day and yoghurt art sounds like it would fit in well. Perhaps it will become a movement (well it will eventually, especially if it's yakult, but that's not the kind of movement i meant) and we'll see all sorts of food related expressionist art - drop scones, perhaps, or hartley's fruit pie filling flinging - You could whip one up in an instant! You could even try your hand at landscapes - like a Constable, only in custardy. Or you could go all Damien Hurst and pickle an onion in vinegar. What? Been done? No, I like my beans done in tomato sauce...

So, no - no artificial highs involved, just - to quote the late Mr Dury: 'Being rather silly (and porridge oats!)

:) Click me and be cheerful, 1, 2, 3,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Boyyo Tapestry. Geddit? Anglo/Welsh Battle of Hastings joke. Do you know that the Bayeux tapestry started out as just a house and 'home sweet home' intended as a christmas stocking filler but grandma Bayeux got a bit carried away?... The legend 'watch where you're pointing that arrow, you'll have someone's eye out in a minute' was removed in 1732 to appease those with no sense of humour, and those who had a sense of humour but had already heard it. In 1966 they produced a fold out postcard of the Bayeux tapestry for sale in gift shops in and around Hastings. Consisting of 72 fold out 'panels' the post office refused to deliver it (the swine) after three postman put their bikes backs out. If you've got one of the few remaining copies it has absolutely no value, but i'll give you a tenner for it, just to take it off your hands, like. Phone Lovejoy antiques on 01873 94726793 01822 974 88 and ask for Ian.

Erm.... time for my nap... ttfn...

I ment a natural high not a high induced from alcohol etc :oops:

Emma

Mumble, don't worry...he's taking the wotsit!

Boho >:D<<'>

Can you tell emma that too please :oops:

Emma, I'm quite often on a natural high, and at weekends i probably would be on an unnatural one at any time from about 9 ish onwards (no NOT in the morning - who said that? :angry::shame: )... On fridays curry and guinness high/sat and sunday probably just red waine :)

We haven't had a quiz night for ages... so: first person to guess what flava yoggit I'll be eating tonight can have a lick of my mivvi

L&P

BD :D

PS: Yes, i am one of those horrible people who quite regularly sings, dances, bangs pots and pans and tells jokes in the morning, so long as i am not 'rushed'. I also get a bit strange and silly when tired. So that's probably a window of around 3 - 4 hours in a day that i might make a modicum of sense. But probably not. :)

Edited by baddad

first person to guess what flava yoggit I'll be eating tonight can have a lick of my mivvi

:o I have no idea what one of them is, but I think I'll abstain from guessing just to be on the safe side. :unsure:

:o I have no idea what one of them is, but I think I'll abstain from guessing just to be on the safe side. :unsure:

It's an ice cream - it had vanilla ice cream in the miggle, and various options of flavoured 'ice lolly' on the outside.

Another variation was 'count dracula's deadly secret' - which was a black, cola flavoured water ice with a red jelly 'blood' centre... you would try to eat the ice without getting the blood centre, and then hold the stick in your mouth so the jelly centre looked like a sticky-out tongue. Sometimes, in the midst of all this merriment and mirth you would fall flat on your face and get impaled in the gullet by the stick. The real blood just added to the fun!

best of all the lollies-with-a-miggle were 'lord toffinghams' which I have written about at some length on previous occassions. They had a soft toffee centre, and the outside was ice cream too!

So it is perfectly okay to lick someone's mivvi, or their count dracula's deadly secret or their Lord toffingham. If they ask if you want to lick their 'funny foot' proceed with caution (and possibly a ruler)

To my knowledge, no one has yet made a rhubard centred lolly, but if they do i suggest 'popsicle' might be the way to go as they will save on labour costs.

L&P

BD :D

My daughter calls rhubarb crumble 'hedgehog guts'. :ph34r:

hedgehog guts taste nothing like rhubarb crumble - well not if you bake 'em properly, like...

anyone got any tarmacing they want done?

Hmmm, that's at least two politically incorrect jokes in one thread Baddad! Are you trying to get slapped wrists by any chance?!

Hmmm, that's at least two politically incorrect jokes in one thread Baddad! Are you trying to get slapped wrists by any chance?!

What? You've lost me! :unsure: If it's good enough for Huge Crumbly Ducking-Stool it's good enough for me.

saw some lovely plump squirrels at the pinetum on Monday :eat: And there's me gone and gorn left me catapult at home :wallbash: