Sign in to follow this  
dekaspace

Failing uni due to excessive noise from flatmates

I have dropped out of college or uni quite a few times, normally due to stress because I cant handle student accomodation but cant afford a flat.

The current ones are technically the worst as they are having pretty much daily parties so loud that the floor and windows rattle and never close doors quietly and slam them again so loud that the windows rattle and my door rattles!

Not being racist but they are all foreign and from rich families because they dont get loans but always drink every night, take drugs daily(dpeed and cannabis and maybe cocaine) and even if they are in the basement kitchen 2 floors door with the fire door to kitchen closed, the fire door to my bedroom closed etc and a place with thick walls you can hear them laughing and they are deffo on somethign as the hallway stinks of cannabis every day and I hear them watching friends and they laugh at EVERY JOKE! and so loud that you can hear them in the basement, or on the top floor.

To put matters worse(or better in some ways depending on your view) the contract doesnt end till August but they have agreed with the landlord to move out in the middle of June yet me who has asked quite a few times to leave due to the condiions was told I have a contract and if I leave I will be sued! Not fair.

Anyway What has happened is because they keep me awake till like 7 or 8am daily I have missed EVERY class in 3 months and also because of this have failed a core module because I couldnt go to the exam as I was so stressed I forgot and even if I did I couldnt revise.

So I have failed uni because some druggie alcoholic scum act as if they own the place and the landlord is nasty and doesnt care.

I am venting some anger.

Hi Dekaspace,

This sounds like a horrible situation to find yourself in. Have you spoken to anyone at the uni about it?

When I was at Uni, my friend and I had a room in someone's house, and at first she was really nice, but then she began to turn on us and became really threatening. We were really scared and worried, so we went to Student Services and explained the situation. They found us rooms in Halls of Residence for the rest of term, which was noisy and crouded, but at least regulated and rules enforced! They also sorted out the contract issue for us and everything, so we had to have no more contact with the woman. This could be an option for you, as you seem to be in 'exceptional circumstances'.

As for failing your module, is there a chance to do resits in the summer? I'm not sure how your tutors will respond to your not going to any classes for 3 months, and not seeking help sooner...I think they'll wonder why you've not come to them for help before now, so I think you should go and explain your difficulties as soon as you can. It may be possible for you to do extra work over the summer to catch up for next year. You say you've dropped out of uni before...It would be a shame to do so again, just because of a few thoughtless people!

Please talk to someone at the Uni for help, a friendly tutor, student union person or even a Pastor. good luck.

Anyway What has happened is because they keep me awake till like 7 or 8am daily I have missed EVERY class in 3 months and also because of this have failed a core module because I couldnt go to the exam as I was so stressed I forgot and even if I did I couldnt revise.

that will be your biggest problem. the fact that you haven't made it to any classes at all will be percieved that you weren't even trying (i'm not saying that myself). contact your university disability office, and say that you are having problems with your housing. they should be able to give you some advice on how to deal with it, as well as suggest any ways to rescue your course credits (they may well suggest re-doing the year since you've missed so much).