Sign in to follow this  
SuzyQ

Update

Hi All Sorry for not being about lately been having a nightmare as funding for DD to stay at hospital was going to be pulled as she has been there over 150 days!!! We have now had it extended, and apparently the county panel have sat and agreed that a 52 week a year placement is needed, so ....Tomorrow I have a meeting with social services , its a 'Child in need' meeting.......does anyone know what these are like...I have now done plenty of CPA meetings but never a child in need. I am finding it quite distressing as my DD doesn't really understand that 52 weeks is a year bless her!!

Yes she is still in the hospital and they are reducing meds, she is not doing great but responding to good behaviour chart where she gets a star if she is good and behaves and then when she earns enough stars they take her for a special treat.

she is behaving very odd and more like a 6 year old than a 15 year old, I think this is probably the real her who isn't trying to fit into any stereotypical role and failing.

Still not found any placements, I am guessing thats what we will discuss tomorrow, but it seems there is a lack of placements for girls has anyone else here had or got a 15 year old daughter with AS she does also have non specific pychosis or has for the last year and also her behavoiur is difficult to say the least, but she does seem to have stopped expressing wishes to kill people, but instead hugs and kisses she seems to have no social boundaries at all, and before she was admitted she wouldn't show emotion hated being touched and if she cried it made her angry, its all very odd.

but I think we might be getting some where.

On the other side of it my 16 yr old DD is now being referred to CAMHS as she is struggling with it all and cutting herself and up and down like a yo yo so fun times.

Hi, wondered how you were getting on, I have had a "child in need" meeting, when my DS was out of control, in a similar state to your daughter, nothing came of it, full of big ideas but no money to back it up. Try to find a school, not much time I know! that you would be happy with and push/fight for it. She needs a theraputic community in my opinion, google that and see what comes up, I had them all on favoutrites but lost them when computor crashed recently. There was something called "options" for young minds, these places are for people like your daughter and she needs the right help not just putting in a boarding school. Glad things are somewhat calmer, keep strong and keep us posted. hugs. Enid