Sign in to follow this  
baddad

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!

I've just booked for the Hop Farm Festival in July... Couldn't afford the whole w/e but N01 son LOVES the Fratellis so the Saturday will have to do :thumbs: Not sure if we had gone the whole w/e he could have handled the camping, but we live close enough by to have decamped to home if necessary, so maybe we can save up for next year.

3 stages this year - and they have some pretty good support too (Pigeon detectives/Ash/The view etc)... a bit 'indie brit pop' but sounds like there will be some good dance sets and stuff as well :thumbs::thumbs:

:dance: OH JOY! :dance:

Every body keep 'em crossed for sunshine for us!

:D

Ooooh, time for me to trot out my teen festival story...

I phoned home for my 'O' Level results from a call box at Reading Rock Festival in 1982!! :o:ph34r:

Have a fabby time guys, and don't get bottled! (Do they still throw plastic bottles at the front of the stage these days?).

Big A has just been to see Combichrist :wacko:

Now, lookee here for garjuss festival wear:

http://www.joebrowns.co.uk/?utm_source=Goo...CFQITswodEhv2BQ

Boho :dance::clap::bounce:

Edited by bid

Here's a t-shirt for you, BD:

http://www.joebrowns.co.uk/showPart_mtx.asp?part=TS479

:whistle:

Boho :dance:

Oooh no... Ben would have liked it a few years ago, but has moved on from all things Hanna Barbera.

I bought him a futurama t at the w/e with the planet express logo on and there are a few other good ones in the range...

I saw this one too, which I'd really like myself. Trouble is, ben would like it too and there's no way we're gonna wear matching T's! he's enough of a mini-me already, poor little beggar :lol:I'm disrespectful of dirt!

I've also found a few sites that do one off printed (rather than iron on) t's - so if I can find out how to upload pics to them with 'transparent' backgrounds i'll design my own, but at the mo every time i convert a transparency to j peg for uploading it fills in the background as white :(

ooh ooh ooh! Getting all a-cited now... Weatherman says it's all good. Got loads of sterrf to take for a pic-a-nic basket... Looking at the website there's a funfair/celebrity five-a- side 'n'all so if #1 son does get sick of listening to the Fratellis/Pigeon detectives/Ash/The view and all that luvverly dance and trance he'll have something else to do too :thumbs::thumbs:

Only bummer is having to drive home :( So no booze f't baddad :(...

Ooh ooh ooh - I'm so a-cited/and i can't hide it/I'm about to lose control an' I think I like it! :dance::dance:

Ben's a bit high on it too! :lol:

have fun boys!

We did, TYVM! Brilliant day - though we were both a bit late in applying the suncream and have lobster extremeties as a consequence!

If there was a single duff band there, we missed 'em! Even the first band on (12 dirty bullets) were well worth nodding a head to, and they kicked off at about midday...

There were a good few up and comers in the 2nd stage/beer tent... We both quite liked these:

Ben really enjoyed this guy's set in the dance tent:

but I prefered the set before it by a guy called:

Only slight blot on the landscape was seeing Ben dancing on his own in the dance tent. Upsetting firstly because he just has to work so hard to keep the rhythm and secondly because I feel guilty for not dancing with him. It's a catch 22 - I don't want him feeling 'tied' to me and self-conscious about dancing on his own, but I hate the fact that there's no one else who can do it with him who's not me or filling in for me, IYKWIM. Still, after about ten/fifteen minutes he found himself a little patch of grass, took off his shirt and just enjoyed it, so me hanging back is the 'right' thing to do even if it feels wrong :(.

Have decided, though, to do some 'recreational' dancing at home to see if we can get things looking a bit more natural for him! :lol:

Sadly, the crowds looked a bit light, so I'm not sure whether ticket sales were all they could have been. Finger's crossed they made enough to make next year look worthwhile, 'cos Ben's already said he'd like to go if they've got a good line up.

Ho hum...

I'm now feeling somewhat envious and old.

Bid - I think I beat you by one year at Reading. I think I was there in 1981, but it could have been 1982. So long ago the grey cells cannot recall which year it was.

And although we didn't make sandwiches and sell them. We did stay right till the end and when all the sandwich stands dumped their sandwiches we 'rescued' them and sold them to the remaining starving campers! We also swam in the river, burnt our tent on the last night and drove around on a chopper motorbike most of the time thinking we looked 'the biz'.

Every year I consider going to Glastonbury. I also went there in the 1980's - can't remember which year. I might take the plunge. But i'm worried that ive remembered it all 'through rose tinted spectacles' and might find it a real disappointment. However if I do go again them i'm definately taking the portaloo with us.

Other highlights I remember. Seeing Joy Division supporting the Buzzcocks in 1981(?), and much later seeing the Stone Roses with other Madchester supporting bands (charlatans - I think). OMG I'm getting so old.

Other highlights I remember. Seeing Joy Division supporting the Buzzcocks in 1981(?), and much later seeing the Stone Roses with other Madchester supporting bands (charlatans - I think). OMG I'm getting so old.

:lol: One of the main stage bands we skipped was echo and the bunnymen... Somehow i felt certain that this many years on they couldn't cut the m m m mustard!

Another highlight for me was seeing some old ex punk in a devo tour t-shirt and the red 'flowerpot' FREEDOM OF CHOICE headgear. :lol: I saw they did a one off recently in london performing the AWNM? album - Oh JOY!