Sign in to follow this  
Karen T

I'm New

I am currently training to be a teacher and part of my course requires a research project. I have decided to do my project on children with special needs. I have been working in a school and one of the students has Autism. This made me realise that I am totally ignorant to the condition, as I'm sure many others are, and I want to learn more about it and to enable me to raise awareness in my research project. In recent weeks I've read many books to try to understand ASD and whilst I've gained some knowledge an overview from a parent would also be of great help to me.

I was wondering if a willing participant would assist me in my studies and take part in an interview? It would only take 10/15 minutes approximately and only consists of 11 questions.

I look forward to hearing from you soon, and many thanks in advance.

Regards

Karen

I am currently training to be a teacher and part of my course requires a research project. I have decided to do my project on children with special needs. I have been working in a school and one of the students has Autism. This made me realise that I am totally ignorant to the condition, as I'm sure many others are, and I want to learn more about it and to enable me to raise awareness in my research project. In recent weeks I've read many books to try to understand ASD and whilst I've gained some knowledge an overview from a parent would also be of great help to me.

I was wondering if a willing participant would assist me in my studies and take part in an interview? It would only take 10/15 minutes approximately and only consists of 11 questions.

I look forward to hearing from you soon, and many thanks in advance.

Regards

Karen

Hi Karen, I'm new to all this but I have to say I am so glad you decided to study some of the needs of children with asd, I can say from personal experience it is so difficult to get teachers to understand the problems, just recently my son came out of school with a bald patch on the back of his head having cut his hair with scissors where he hadn't been supervised properly and lost interest in the task he was given. I'm sure there are many other horrific tales that others could tell you

Hi Karen,

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your research. :)

People might miss your request here: if you copy your post and put it in General Discussion with a suitable title, more people may see it and respond.

K x