ian stuart-hamilton

Beatrix Potter wallpaper desecration

Just out of curiosity, can anyone else report a similar experience to the following?

When I was about three, my parents decorated my bedroom with Beatrix Potter wallpaper. A couple of hours later, my mum found me in my bedroom removing the trousers from each picture of Peter Rabbit that I could find. Probably wondering if she had a latent sex maniac on her hands, my mother asked why I was doing this (aside from the issue of wrecking the decorating). I supposedly replied 'rabbits don't wear trousers' and the sight of an animal wearing human apparel bothered me. Apparently I had a thing about cute representations of animals doing human things (e.g. I also got really upset by Disney cartoons).

I must have grown out of this trait fairly quickly because I can't recall it being an issue later on and the Roadrunner cartoons were a huge favourite of mine when I was six or seven.

Anyone else have a similar thing?

Anyone else have a similar thing?

Much less colourful but I did stand up in assembly (aged 5) to correct the headmaster because he was talking about how he wanted us to make up harvest festival hampers to give to the elderly and he suggested (amongst other things) that we could put in orange squash. I felt moved to inform him that old people drink tea or perhaps coffee but that they were definitely not interested in orange squash!

Actually, it's not even all that similar is it really? Just a kid with a fixed idea :rolleyes:

janine

I once made a complete fool of myself in primary school when we were discussing the Stone Age. I actually believed it was like the Flintstones & they had stone cars & that bird for a typewriter etc. In fact I still have a sneaking suspicion the archaeologists have got it wrong .... :lol:

I once made a complete fool of myself in primary school when we were discussing the Stone Age. I actually believed it was like the Flintstones & they had stone cars & that bird for a typewriter etc. In fact I still have a sneaking suspicion the archaeologists have got it wrong .... :lol:

There was a wonderful cartoon in the newspaper last week where they had a cave set up as a prehistoric McDonald's type of place and the cave drawings were actually the menu with the cavemen pointing to whichever animal they wanted to eat. :eat::lol: :lol:

Oh, Ian....you would have DETESTED sylvanian families toys!!

Between the ages of 2 and a half and 4, I went everywhere dressed as an old cartoon character, Roger Ramjet and would speak only in his voice......I wouldn't answer people unless they called me Roger Ramjet, apparently.... :wub:

But I can't recall a case of vehement correction of something that offended my sense of order. I think I lived in my imagination until I was 7 or so!(And I wanna go baaaaaack!!!! :crying: )

:lol:

I was well known at school for correcting the teachers when they erred.....I must have been a nauseating pupil!

Many thanks for all the replies, folks and sorry I haven't come back to this thread sooner, but I've been somewhat busy over the past few days.

Ah well, it looks as even if I'm the only one to have had a thing about rabbits wearing trousers, other folks were in the same conceptual ballpark.

Robbie and his chums can thus hop around unmolested.

:robbie: :robbie: :robbie::robbie:

Edited by ian stuart-hamilton