Sign in to follow this  
joybed

Piers has been diagnosed with ASD/ ADHD diagnosis pending

Went to the hospital this morning prepared for a fight as the doc we see didn,t seem to think he had ASD at all. Anyway DH and i walked in sat down and she said i know you are very anxious regarding your son and i want to tell you I now have enough evidence to diagnose ASD. Apparently the updated report from school and speech therapy gave her all the info she needed. We are relieved to be honest as he is really struggling at school and we have known for a while now so not shocked at all, maybe it will hit me later. Feel more sad for our daughter as she now has 2 ASD brothers to deal with, but she will be fine with our help. I have already started the ball moving for a statement of special educational needs and already have a good support network from the ASD team and support groups through Marcus.

We have also been referred to another paediatrician as he shows signs of ADHD as well so this diagnosis is pending.

I just wanted to let you all know and thank you all for your support in the lead up to this as it has been rather a stressful time as you all know. I am sure I will need more support in the future thanks again.

Never quite the right word, but i'm sure you'll know what I mean: 'Congrats' :D

Hope all goes smoothly with 'phase 2' - statements etc

L&P

BD :D