Sign in to follow this  
Cat

Lamb Inquiry Parents Meeting

I am passing the following information which was sent to me via one of the Lamb Inquiry members.

Lamb Inquiry

Stakeholder meetings 16th and 30th July 2009

London 16th July: 10.00am – 2.00pm

London 16th July: 5.00pm – 7.00pm

Leeds 30th July: 10.00am – 2.00pm

We specifically expect and welcome parents to attend and contribute.

Brian Lamb invites you to attend one of three meetings to be held in July. These meetings are designed to bring together parents and professionals to work with the Lamb Inquiry to shape proposals for change.

Aims of the meetings:

• to update delegates on all aspects of the Lamb Inquiry

•to provide delegates with evidence from research, from visits and meetings, and from the web survey

• to seek input from delegates on the areas where the Lamb Inquiry needs to make recommendations

The meetings will provide a combination of information from the Inquiry and opportunities for delegates to discuss proposals for change. Brian Lamb is chairing these meetings and staff working for the Inquiry will be there to provide updates on what the Inquiry has found to date and to listen to your ideas.

The Lamb Inquiry was established as part of the Government’s response to the House of Commons Education and Skills Committee Report Special Educational Needs: Assessment and Funding. The Lamb Inquiry, under the chairmanship of Brian Lamb, the Chair of the Special Educational Consortium, is investigating a range of ways in which parental confidence in the SEN assessment process might be improved.

For more information on the Lamb Inquiry: www.dcsf.gov.uk/lambinquiry

These meetings are FREE and are being organised by KIDS charity for the Lamb Inquiry.

Spaces are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.

If you have not seen this elsewhere and do not have a booking form for these meetings and would like one please conact me via pm with your e-mail address and I will forward a booking form to you.

Cat

Thanks for publicising this!

Let's hope that the Government will listen!