Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

I'm In Here

I don't know if anyone has heard this. It's come from Canada and is being played on Canadian Radio to raise funds for autism research.

You have to get past the (very small) reference at the end towards cure (which is the general approach to autism in Canada, I think), but aside from that, I think it's actually very good.

Normally I hate these 'soppy' songs and NT attempts to explain autism from the perspective of someone with ASD, but to me they have got this right and somehow have also managed to produce something applicable to pretty much everyone on the spectrum whether non-verbal or high-functioning.

The pictures are quite poignant too - and not all negative which I think helps. And, a big plus, their description at the end of the video of what autism is (a neuro-biological disorder) is actually correct. :thumbs:

Even though this is related to children, I could identify with it as an adult. It did in fact make me a little tearful. :tearful: :tearful:

Just listened to it too. One particular line produced a lump in my throat & a watery eye. There is probably something in this song for everyone.