smiley1590

train timetable

can anyone get me train timetable from 'huntingdon' to stevenage will my NAS support worker get discounted price? will i too? my dad told me doesn't go on tube goes straight from A to B without using them!?as my anxiety and panic will rise with so many crowds due to social anxiety disorder,background loud noises! i want to see my auntie when come back off hols as miss her so much now nan died! want see her more be close to her!do i explain to train company my personal situation?? what you do?

XKLX

if you go to here and put in your proposed travel details it will give you times and fares for the journey. i would recommend booking in advance, that way you may be able to have a seat reserved and therefore your own personal space even if the train is busy. if you (or someone on your behalf) contact the train stations you are travelling from and to they will also ensure there's someone on the platform waiting to help you off the train and to the exit/onto the train (as a disabled person). i did this when i was travelling home from university with a large suitcase while on crutches.

as for discount, i think you only get one if you have a disabled persons rail card but someone else might know more about that.

good luck!

Edited by NobbyNobbs

If you have a Disabled Person's Railcard, you and someone travelling with you will get a 1/3 discount. You should not need to explain your personal circumstances, just make sure you carry your railcard with you on the journey.

can anyone get me train timetable from 'huntingdon' to stevenage will my NAS support worker get discounted price? will i too? my dad told me doesn't go on tube goes straight from A to B without using them!?as my anxiety and panic will rise with so many crowds due to social anxiety disorder,background loud noises! i want to see my auntie when come back off hols as miss her so much now nan died! want see her more be close to her!do i explain to train company my personal situation?? what you do?

XKLX

Use the website Nobby suggested to get times. In the advanced options there is an option to choose direct trains only meaning trains that go from Huntington to Stevenage without you having to change trains in between (although all the trains appear to be direct which is good).

If you have a disabled persons railcard both you and a carer (so your support worker) travelling with you get a discount, usually 1/3 off the normal price.

I don't explain to the train company in advance as I am normally fine unless something goes very wrong which will make me late for something/meeting someone etc, especially if I can't be in contact with them. However I do keep my autism alert card with me so if I need to get help it is easier. I learnt this from a horrible experience where things went very wrong and I couldn't get help (I think it's recounted on this forum somewhere - I had a 'nice' trip up down and across the country :angry::lol: :lol:).

If you are anxious about train travel could you try doing it with your support worker but where she sits a few seats behind (so you can't see her - no cheating!) and generally keeps her distance so you are doing it independently and try to deal with any issues but have immediate backup from someone you know if you need it - that might help to build up your confidence.

i havn't got disabled's railcard do i have to apply for one in advance to ask for one or do have fill in form to get one???would autism alert card be handy? my auntie said she meet me at stevenage train station when we arrive! i don't know times and dates yet that's thing as havn't planned that bit of journey yet!! havn't got that far just need to know i get from huntingdon to stevenage!?does advanced booking cost me extra? or anything? XKX

i read i need proof through DLA benefit to claim a disabled person railcard who do i show it too to get one do i send off i read it costs me £18 for whole year and that covers support worker too is that true? and will then still have pay train fare on top or that it?

You have to send off for a Disabled Person's Railcard. You can't buy it at the station. They will not give you the discount at the station if you take your DLA letter, you can only get it by sending off for a Railcard.

The Railcard costs £18 for one year. When you show it, you get 1/3 off your train ticket.

does advanced booking cost me extra? or anything? XKX

not usually. it generally costs less to book in advance than buy on the day, depending on how far in advance you book. the earlier you book, the less it costs.

With the journey you are doing, it wouldn't be worth getting a railcard as the saving is fairly small (as it's a short journey). If you plan to make a lot more journeys it would be worth it, but otherwise there is little point worrying about it now.

Also, with the journey you are doing, there is no benefit to booking in advance and I *think* that train company has no reservable seats. There are no advanced purchase tickets so it would cost the same. You can just buy an off-peak ticket on the day.

The full timetables for your route (between Huntingdon and Stevenage, and vice-versa) can be found at the following web pages - these are PDFs, so you'll need Adobe Reader installed on your system to view them ...

Mondays to Fridays | Saturdays | Sundays

(all valid until December 12th)

James

thanks very much appreciated!!! i seem to have an Obsession with stevenage as my nan died 4 months ago she starved a slow death my auntie willed her to go in the end so much suffering! i seem addicted to crave the place want hold on it forever my aunt still lives there i feel so much guilt fo not being there enough! i want to go down to see my auntie help us both move forward in this grieving process!? me my aunt closer than ever i feel like my nan living through my aunt it weird how making me think and feel still feel numb in denial etc so hard get over and move and scared anxious of doing this so is my auntie i feel! we both think about her all time!

i keep trying to remember last conversation me and my nan i remember one line i feel so much guilt towards not being there for my auntie or nan wish i had!! my nan wouldn't wanted me remembering how ill and close to death she was??? would scared me filled with regrets can't stop blame all keeps replaying in my head i can't forget reminded more due to AS!!!

the train timetable king cross in london i been told my dad that it's easier to go straight from huntingdon train station to stevenage station???

The timetable starts at King's Cross, yeah, but it does include both Huntingdon and Stevenage, if you look at all the stations on there. The first half of each timetable is for trains from Stevenage to Huntingdon, and the second half is for trains from Huntingdon to Stevenage.

Hope that helps. But if you're not used to reading formal train timetables, then you're probably better off using the web site NobbyNobbs linked to originally. You asked for a timetable though, so that's what I gave you. :P

James