Sign in to follow this  
Teresa

By myself

I'm by myself and not sure what to do so having a glass of wine, have cleaned the house from top to bottom today, T went away on friday and is back on monday gone with friends, i know she's going to be fine, I asked her to text me when she gets back to the hotel at nite, and just got that text " the hotel is always boiling", :rolleyes: and thats it. She did take a fan with her so sent a text back to remind her about it, boy do i miss her. I know i have to let go but it's hard, i'm happy she is able to do what she is doing and have friends who will look out for her.

Teresa

Yes it's hard to let go and I sympathise - my daughter is also away for the weekend with a friend, although I'm not home alone. Haven't had a text from her since Friday lunchtime. :rolleyes: I know she's OK though because another family member has met up with her since - and he texted us. :lol:

Hope you manage to enjoy the rest of the time on your own - grab a good book and laze in the sun - if we get any!

K x

sun? does that ever come out? ?

enjoy having the place to yourself.

She had a great time said she enjoyed the freedom, which is great so big :thumbs: need's to do more. Down side is that she said she could see how different she was from her friends, they like to have a drink, and do silly things that she found embrassing etc, she dislikes it when people drink as they become unpredictable :unsure:, and was shocked that just her and one other person were t-total.

she dislikes it when people drink as they become unpredictable :unsure:, and was shocked that just her and one other person were t-total.

i had that problem around your daughters age. in the end i started bringing a big share bag of sweets with me when we went out, then suddenly i was included in their conversations and games as we'd mess about with the sweets. i used to take skittles to one place where they had candles on the tables, and me and a friend would coat the sweets in a thin layer of wax while others were at the toilets, and then see if they put them in their mouth without noticing. i found the sweets let me have a connection with the others to counter-act the connection they had through all drinking and the sweets tended to dictate the silly behaviour so i felt safer.

I know what your saying and understand etc, but it's not that she is not included with what's going on, but can't understand why anyone would not want to drink and not be in control. She did say that when she has a panic attack and can not control it, why on earth would she want to drink something, that might make her feel the same way.

Teresa :)