Sign in to follow this  
Tally

AAARRTRGH!!!!!

I've been trying to apply for a job with a supermarket. They ONLY accept applications online. You cannot appply any other way at all.

First I found their website did not work in Firefox so I tried Internet Explorer on my dad's computer and it didn't work either. I looked around for ages before I found a telephone number, and they explained that there is a problem and the website doesn't work if your internet provider is BT, AOL or Orange! Who does it work for, I wonder? :wallbash:

I was told to check daily otherwise the vacancy will go, but I can't apply and I'm away the rest of the week, so I am probably going to miss out on this one :wallbash:

That's crazy. :wallbash:

Why not just print it out and put it in the post anyway. You've got nothing to lose.

K x

sounds like my computer day. contact dell to tell them i need a 2009 graphics driver update... they reply they haven't bothered to authorise one since 2007 so tough! i only got the computer last october and now its useless :wallbash:

how about applying in the local library (proved their internet isn't provided by one of the 'bad' ones!)

how about applying in the local library (proved their internet isn't provided by one of the 'bad' ones!)

That's a good idea, or else print it and post it in maybe with a covering letter highlighting your initiative when faced with barriers! :devil:

It's more complicated than that. It's all in stages and it won't let you go on to the next page until you have submitted the current one. When I submit it it just takes me round in circles and asks me to submit it again. It won't even let me see the bit I need to see.

I thought of maybe writing a letter to the Personnel Manager, but apparently they simply do not do recruitment in-store, only by this internet system that no one can access, so he might just thow my letter away and ignore it.