Sign in to follow this  
Lindyloo

This time next week ........

After 2 1/2 years on a waiting list, and 3 months of assessments followed by another 2 months of waiting we have had the appointment through to discuss the findings from DS's assessments. Next Wednesday morning one of the SALT's from the team that carried out the assessments is coming to go through the results. So we should know for definite if Luke has AS or not.

I'm not sure at the moment how I feel. Part of me wants them to say he has, because then at least we can move on, and start working towards getting him the help he needs. If they say he does not, where do we go next?

After all the waiting I am now very nervous….. :unsure:

After 2 1/2 years on a waiting list, and 3 months of assessments followed by another 2 months of waiting we have had the appointment through to discuss the findings from DS's assessments. Next Wednesday morning one of the SALT's from the team that carried out the assessments is coming to go through the results. So we should know for definite if Luke has AS or not.

I'm not sure at the moment how I feel. Part of me wants them to say he has, because then at least we can move on, and start working towards getting him the help he needs. If they say he does not, where do we go next?

After all the waiting I am now very nervous….. :unsure:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> It is a very up and down time.Do be kind to yourself.

This time last year we were just about to have the 3di for Ben [11] and we remember the mixed feelings well.

We have just been on holiday.For the first time I requested an entry discount to one of the theme parks on the basis of disability.I explained that Ben has ASD.Even months after dx I felt a bit emotional.On a positive side we were able to be kinder to ourselves.We have spent years feeling that people must be looking at us wondering why our child behaved in ways that appeared a bit unusual.This year we did not care so much what people thought.

Karen.

I'm not surprised you're nervous after such a long period of waiting. I hope the meeting goes OK and you get the answers you need. Try not to think beyond that at the moment.

Good luck!

K x

Hi Lindyloo, I can totally sympathise, I went back to CAMHS on Tues this week after asking for a second opinion. Last year they wouldnt diagnose D as they said he didnt meet all the criteria and tick all the boxes. After a few months time out I decided to ask for a second opinion and did this in March this year.

To cut a long story short I have seen another doctor at CAMHS and they are looking to taking the matter back to the panel in Sept. I am hoping this time round he will get a diagnosis and the doctor did seem more positive than they did last year. He also realises that it will help with the educational side of things. But I still dont take anything for granted and am trying not to get my hopes up, I just need to sit and wait it out now until the panel make their decision.

When D was younger I never thought I would be in the position of actually wanting him to be diagnoses with autism, isnt it sad what years of struggling with the system does to you!!

I really hope it goes your way Lindyloo and you get your diagnosis, and do try and be kind to yourself xx