Sa Skimrande

Victor Meldrew ?

I was just reminiscing about the comedy, '' One foot in the Grave'', and how I used to sympathise with the main character Victor Meldrew, what he did, and this provided laughs for my family, I could see no problem with, as to me it was perfectly logical, now it has just occurred to me was the character of Victor Meldrew actually aspergic, anyone have any ideas ?

Mind, the actor Richard Wilson who played Victor Meldrew was also good in an earlier sitcom called '' Only when I laugh '' too, and thinking back to that, what he presented in the later '' One foot in the grave '' character, was much the same, so maybe it is just him, I wonder if he is undiagnosed aspergic.

Dunno about that but me & mr p always sympathised with him! We called my dear departed FIL Victor, & mr p is getting increasingly like him as he ages.

The scene where he's laughing at some comedy with his headphones on whilst his wife's friend was telling her something really sad still makes me laugh. This has actually happened in our house.

aspergic

Never heard that word before!

James

I think he was just grumpy and eccentric. I don't remember it well, but I don't recall any evidence that he has actual social difficulties other than being impatient and grumpy - not that he came across that way when he didn't mean to either!