Sign in to follow this  
Rosebud

Son hates daughters boyfriend!

Hi All

My 11 yr old son was diagnosed 4 years ago and we, like all "specials" have had our ups and downs. We were going through a good period when my daughter started to bring home her first boyfriend. He is a great lad and we all like him except my son who hates him with a vengeance!

My son adores his sister and obviously is very jealous. Won't leave them alone and is causing a great deal of upset. Boyfriend is very mature and patient with him but I feel like piggy in the middle trying to keep the peace all the time.

Any advice? :wallbash:

Hi All

My 11 yr old son was diagnosed 4 years ago and we, like all "specials" have had our ups and downs. We were going through a good period when my daughter started to bring home her first boyfriend. He is a great lad and we all like him except my son who hates him with a vengeance!

My son adores his sister and obviously is very jealous. Won't leave them alone and is causing a great deal of upset. Boyfriend is very mature and patient with him but I feel like piggy in the middle trying to keep the peace all the time.

Any advice? :wallbash:

i think this is a time thing. your son will have to take some time to adapt to having your daughters' boyfriend around - he probably feels threatened because he now has a new factor in his life to deal with that he can't control and this may make him feel a little bit powerless so he retaliates the only way he knows how. your daughter may need to reassure him that she is still his big sister, and perhaps limit the amount of exposure he has to the boyfriend to get him used to it in small doses. then the bigger doses are perhaps a little more easy to handle.

Edited by matzoball